[Land-speed] Lenco Question

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Wed Oct 27 10:30:42 MDT 2010

I was just looking at the Lenco tranny site. Their trans have clutch
packs for each  gear. And a sprag in each gear sectio as well.  At least
that is what it looks like to me. Seems to me that you would not want to
modify the fluid too far from what they recommend. This is basically an
automatic trans just run manually.  They also have several sprags sizes
and perhaps the sprag that seems to be failing is insufficient to do the
job?  Not sure how the fluid gets moved around inside but shuting the
motor off at speed might be a sure way to kill the sparg(s) also.
Especially if one is running a really tall rear gear.  Not sure what
version of trans this is, CS1, CS2, Cs3 etc but they all function very
similarly.

mayf