[Land-speed] ] Cam Gear Drives

John Burk joyseydevil at comcast.net
Wed May 26 17:44:49 MDT 2010

Mayf my only experience so far is limited to my B/GD & A/FD ,150 full throttle
miles , 600 x 1/4 . My only failure (stock Chevy chain , die cast / nylon
upper , powdered iron  lower) was with an experimental flat tappet cam Howards
reground on a stock cam and all the lobes wiped out at the same time . Got a
Cloyes and never had another problem . Gary Peters / Hemi Hunter , successful
bbc top fueler only ever used a stock chain and sprockets . I'd say Cloyes .

John