[Land-speed] Ford Flathead

Joe & Lynne Lance jolylance at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 5 13:07:40 MDT 2010

What is the advantage of the reverse port configuration ?

Since the two inner exhaust ports on each side of the flat head are
siamesed, I would think using those exhaust ports as intakes would add
additional flow restriction if used for the intake side.

If I remember correctly, the FLATFIRE engine uses the reverse port
configuration but is turbocharged. Even then I don't see an advantage to
reversing the ports. Reduced back pressure when exhausting thru the original
intake ports ? ---what am I missing ?

Lance