[Land-speed] GM Mesa AZ LSR ?

Malcolm Pittwood mbp01 at sky.com
Sat Sep 19 03:38:53 MDT 2009

Bob

Some have tried to get a single car on to this facility but it is strictly
for VW folk and their commercial partners, not open to speed record teams.
The area might enjoy tourists but the facility operates for the most part
for testing of 'secret' cars with no cameras allowed.  Probably higher
security than is applied to Edwards AFB!

Now people may understand why one european speed record team wanting to run
on tarmac, was content to use the Dolly Varden straight highjway in Nevada
in 2005.
Malcolm UK