[Land-speed] WOS

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Mon Sep 14 17:43:36 MDT 2009

On Sep 14, 2009, at 7:30 PM, drmayf wrote:

> Thanks, Jon. I have bbeen watching the weathe rthere all day long
> also. What I on't have is how much rain has fallen. From the radar,
> it looked like a lot.   While the water migh drain or blow off the
> actual course, i wont have time to get really hard again. But,
> Unless they call it off, we are coming! Tomorrow morning at 4 am is
> our launch time.  Skip HIgginbotham shuold be there about now. He
> left this mornign at 6 am or that was his plan anyway.
>
> Keep us ALL posted please...
>
> mayf

Yes, it's going to be crowded in town in another few hours.  Jon Amo
is heading this way, Joe Ledford is in mid-Wyoming, and so on and so
forth.  We're here, and Todd, our crew chief, should walk in the door
at any moment -- having flown from Washington DC today.  If nothing
else we'll have him set up the bike for Maxton -- maybe Texas Mile on
our way home.

There were a half-dozen vehicles on the salt (in the water) when we
were out there at noon.  I just saw a post from someone that was out
there a half-hour ago -- says there's water visible from Land's End.
We'll keep up the reports.

Nancy and Jon