[Land-speed] WOS

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Mon Sep 14 16:19:33 MDT 2009

On Sep 14, 2009, at 5:23 PM, drmayf wrote:

> Just been looking at the weather radar for Wendover. Looks like a
> lot of rain from thunderstorms. Anyone have any current real time
> information of what it is like on the salt?
>
> USFRA?
>
> mayf
> ___________

Nancy and I are in the apartment we've rented in West Wendover and
have been making regular weather reports on landracing.com.  Sorry I
didn't moseyover to this ist with an update.

First of all, it's rained quite a bit in the past six hours.  We've
been out to the Salt a couple of times and while there's no official
word yet from Jim Burkdoll, the race director and president of USFRA,
there's no way that there'll be any racing in the next two days.  One
of those, tomorrow, is for inspection, anyway, but from what we saw --
it'll take at least a couple of days for the wind and hot weather to
dry the salt enough to race.

And that hot weather and wind are only forecast -- not here yet.
Right now it's breezy but cloudy and still sprinkling on and off.  The
last time I checked the weather was about an hour ago -- and the
forecast still called for rain tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, and
Tuesday -- before starting to dry out in time for okay weahter
Wednesday and hot weather beginning again Thursday.

Take that for what you will.

Weather forecast:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Wendover&state=UT&site=SLC&textField1=40.7372&textField2=-114.037&e=0

Weather radar: