[Land-speed] British Steam effort 139.843mph

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Thu Sep 3 09:56:19 MDT 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Wester Potter wrote:

> I think the answer to this whole flap is that if there is a better
> system
> out there that:
> 	1-  Is affordable
> 	2-  is as accurate
> 	3-  Is reliable for not missing ANY times
> Everyone would use it, USFRA, SCTA/BNI and Rice Bros.
>
> When you have invested as much time in searching and testing as
> Gary Wilkinson has ... you'll know why we use what we have now.
>
> Wes

I don't think you're on the same page as me, Wes.  There will never be
a better system is what I'm saying -- never until someone invents it.
And I don't think that refusing to experiment, to invent, will ever
make a better system appear.

Jon, saying that I am all for quitting this discussion -- we're not
getting anything accomplished by talking AT each other.