[Land-speed] Tranny Temp Measurement Location - Tow Truck

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Sun Jun 28 11:47:48 MDT 2009

according to the folks on the Powerstroke  web site that I subscribe to
where you have it is the very best location.  I'm installing gages in my
"powersmoke" and will use that location.  I can't remember though if this is
pump out, or what.
I also added the alum pan, that adds volume, AND use Mobil 1 synthetic
fluid.
A $100+  oil change once every 3 to 5 years is wayyyy better than the
potential of replacing the trans.
3K to 4K depending on who does the work.  The torque converter is the weak
link.  I replaced mine with a Banks "billet" converter as preventative
maintenance, but since then learned that it is only a little better than
Ford Production.  There are 2 preeminent trans builders for the Ford truck.
West coast is Tom Woods
and in the east it is BTS or Brians Truck Stop.  The name means nothing.
His hardware and reputation is really good....

Rick