[Land-speed] Fwd: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage

Keith Turk kturk at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 23 22:30:28 MDT 2009

actually Skip... that's exactly what Jesse did... he followed the rules as
they apply... to Hydrogen Powered Vehicles at El Mirage... oh wait... there
are no current rules for alternate Fuel Vehicles... well then I guess he
needed to make some eh???

Following the FIA which Louise proports is udder Horse dookey... None of us
that race at speedweek give a tiddlers damn about the FIA... ( or El Mirage
for that matter )...

Point being this.... Jesse James wanted to say he has the Fastest Hydorgen
Powered Vehicle on the Planet... and because I trust Mike Cook to be
honest... He was timed at 199.7mph ...  that was a recorded speed...hence
it's a Record...

What is a record... let alone a world record... we've beat this to death...
and ultimately it really comes down to deciding on your own how you define
it...

Personally The FIA and the French can go away... F1 isn't going to be part
of them anymore... why should  we be...

Basically the e-mail Louise wrote and reported to the world is an attempt to
get some ink because he most likely told her to go pound sand...  If I was
Jesse I'd sue her for Slander...

Keith