[Land-speed] Fwd: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage

Doug ............. boogiewoogie12 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 21:45:40 MDT 2009

     "Why can't folks just follow the rules?"

     Because they are lazy and always seek the easy way out ?

    And all they really care about is the glitz and notoriety of hot rodding,
-and 'getting "ink"

      -not the  -real-  essence of it...

       just my 2 cents        Your Mileage May Vary

c heers,   'Dirt Track Doug '

       -105 + miles south of the world famous 'Syracuse
Mile '
       -241.4  miles north of the Williams Grove Speedway pit gate
       -2247  or so miles due east of the marvelous Bonneville Salt
Flats

------

> Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:01:30 -0700
> To: wester6935 at comcast.net; land-speed at autox.team.net
> From: saltrat at pahrump.com

> Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Fwd: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage
>
> Ya think?????
>
> I feel a little more than nervous when folks claim records......like
> the wind powered effort by Boulder City a while back.......did their
> own timing aboard the vehicle......Ought to be certifiable????? By whom????
>
> One just might count up all the cars and bikes that qualified and
> then, for some reason, were not able to make the return/backup run.
> If the qualifying run was counted as a record, like Jesse and others
> want to do, then the record book would be filled with bogus records,
> huh? And then holding a record wouldn't mean nearly so much. The
> record is the only "prize" that we get....not even a trophy for fast
> time unless a record is broken.
>
> Why can't folks just follow the rules? What and where ever they are.
> And once that's done successfully and certified, claim the record. It
> ain't easy................
>
> Skip

> At 05:28 PM 6/23/2009, Wester Potter wrote:

     Well, now we know Louise was not part of the Jesse James production
crew.
> >She is apparently re-surfacing with an "Educational TV" crew at World of
Speed.
> >I get very nervous about self proclaimed land speed racing "experts."

    Mike Cook knows what I mean.

           Wes

<robminil7 at mac.com

Subject: Jesse James "record" at El Mirage

 Landspeed Louise comments on the James "record" claim:

 http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2009/06/23/466812.html