[Land-speed] Car Spins

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Thu Jun 11 14:55:46 MDT 2009

----- Original Message -----

> In the old days the roadsters didn't spin, then the media told us about

Jack, your statement just plays into my weekend project.  Front axle is
tacked together
on front suspension.  I have initially set up at 12 degrees but am inclined
to decrease to 10.  I can tweak with the  4 link adjustments, but not much
without screwing up watts linkage and potential rework.  After playing with
it yesterday I think +- 2 degrees is about all I would be willing to adjust.
SO, Jack how much caster do you think we need?
OH 250" WB suspended back and front.  Straight front axle, 4 link trailing
bars, steering rack mounted to axle, and watts linkage pivot mounted low on
the chassis to provide a very low roll center. Live rear end with 4 link,
Watts and rocker arm push rod actuated coil overs.  2:1 rocker arms will
give the shocks and springs some movement with small axle jounce and
rebound.
Jack and others, any opinions about using an anti roll bar?  I'm seriously
considering it at both ends.  They may help if one side begins to unload, as
in steering corrections.

I know the subject has been discussed before, and I think I have thought
this thing through, but now is my last chance to make a change and I am
trying to be open minded.

Anyone else?

Rick