[Land-speed] Brit Steam Car Efforts

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Jul 20 16:30:23 MDT 2009

Great!  I wonder why information like this is not up front?  The salt
record is 145. I wonder if they can get it to run that fast at that
density altitude?  The oxygen content for the flash steam boilers is a
lot less than desireable for that kind of system.   Curious, will they
need to run the car on the short course to show that it can qualify for
the long course to run?  I suspect it is a slow speed gatherer like a
turbojet engine.  That might eliminate the short courses.

mayf