[Land-speed] Brit Steam Car Efforts

Malcolm Pittwood mbp01 at sky.com
Mon Jul 20 13:37:59 MDT 2009

Just before he left for the USA Don Wales confirmed to me that the word
'World' had been slipped into a report by someone who was not fully aware of
the significance of the use of this one word in the context of LSR.  Equally
the Guinness references and World Records Academy are an add on and are
nothing to do with attempt governance.

The bid is fully FIA, so it is a bid for an International Class Record, with
two runs within one hour being aggregated to arrive at the average time and
therefore a speed.  According to the FIA record lists they will be
establishing a new record, but their speed is dictated by Bonneville
history.

I did not know they would stay on for Speedweek but that ois a good idea, as
they are reporting from behind the security zone of Edwards AFB and have
little opportunity to have anyone but team members on the prmises.

Just do not stand behind the car when it is fuelled!

I undertand that they do not use a push truck to get the car moving so if
anyone is in line behind them - stay well back - unless your vehicle does
need a steam claen.

Malcolm UK