[Land-speed] ratchet wrenches

Benn karhu at california.com
Fri Jan 30 10:42:37 MST 2009

Yeah, Mayf, but waddya do when you need the offset of the wrench the other
direction?  You can't do it.  I've thought about the design you have and
can't decide if it is enough more useful most of the time to offset the few
times that you really need the wrench on "backwards"  for clearance to
nearby obstructions.

As I figured, people have a lot of thoughts on tools, and I thank one and
all for their input..

I love thinking about the progression over the millenia from the first
hammer to current robots.  Our nicely shaped pieces of steel are well-suited
to their specialized tasks, but I'm probably more impressed with the
proto-human who first tied a rock to a stick.  (Hence the naming of our
production company "Fire and Tools".)
I suspect that many of us have an almost visceral but reverent feeling for
these way cool extensions of our capabilities.
Benn