[Land-speed] Piston problem

Skip Higginbotham saltrat at pahrump.com
Fri Jan 23 09:35:53 MST 2009

Scott,
It would be nice to know what your fuel mixture and timing are. 9:1
and 15lbs shouldn't be too much. If the mixture is 11:1 or just a
little leaner, your problem is likely too much timing (or poor fuel).

Are  you burning the same pistons each time? Is it a hemi? What is
your inlet temp??????

I run a BBC with 8.5:1 compression, 30 degrees advance and 20 lbs
boost. (and really good gas 120 octane).....no burned pistons (yet).
I am now adding an intercooler.

Skip