[Land-speed] Piston problem

Scott Cowle SCowle at mentorcollege.edu
Fri Jan 23 06:31:24 MST 2009

Hello everyone. I usually write this site with questions that seem obvious to
most of you I guess,my technical knowledge of engines is limited, but I have a
curious situation with my big block mopar. It is a 500cid stroker motor with a
procharger supercharger and I have consistently burnt up pistons I guess due
to too much boost and too little fuel and too much timing. But this time I
noticed that while I only hurt two pistons ,all of the pistons showed the same
characteristics of carbon buildup. The half of the piston closest to the
sparkplug has what I would call a normal amount of carbon on it but the half
furthest from the plug has none.It does not matter how much fuel I give the
motor the results are the same. This suggests to me that the flame is getting
snuffed out as it goes across the piston .Is this what is probably happening?
I know I have to reduce the boost from the supercharger-I'm getting 15lbs of
boost on a 9:1 compression engine and this will be taken care of but I just
wanted to know what was happening in the engine. I would appreciate any
opinions on this . Scott

This communication may contain confidential or privileged
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review, use, or distribution or disclosure by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or
authorized to receive the information from the recipient, please
contact the sender by email and delete all copies of this message.