[Land-speed] NON-LSR, LIGHT BULB ADVISORY

joseph lance jolylance at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 14:36:46 MST 2009

This is an alert---as you may know Congress has passed a law banning
incandescent light bulbs and mandating the use of fluorescents beginning in
2012.

I have a lot of flood lamps and track lighting bulbs of various sizes and
types on dimmer switches. Some manufacturers are starting to make dimmable
fluorescent bulbs but they are very expensive compared to incandescent.

So I decided to stock up on incandescent in the sizes and types that I
use--but the problem is that some manufacturers are already phasing them out
or have stopped manufacturing them. So I had to pay a premium price for some
types. As 2012 approaches the supply / price problem will get worse.

At the risk of stimulating demand and further price increases, some of you may
want to buy a few incandescents soon if you have applications like mine. On
the internet "1000Bulbs.com" has low prices.

As Will Rogers said "whenever congress pass a law it becomes a joke, and
whenever congress makes a joke it becomes a law".  So we can expect them to
pass additional laws to mandate disposal fees because of the Mercury contained
in CFL bulbs which will then require a welfare program to subsidize the
purchase of the even more expensive CFLs.

You don't have to worry if you are growing Marijuana indoors--those types of
incandescents are exempt.

Lance