[Land-speed] Water injection IN the exhaust

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Wed Dec 23 11:59:12 MST 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 1:38 PM, Rick Yacoucci wrote:

Ok here is what I'm trying to accomplish the flathead has problems
with the
exhaust seats moving when the egt's get high
Last year normally aspirated on alky we had no problems when we went
to gas
all went to hell.

So were looking for a way to cool the seats down. I was thinking of
spraying
water at high pressure directed at the valve.

We tried this on a normally aspirated 52hp junior dragster motor
(flathead)
and saw up to a 25% reduction in cylinder head temp
With only a 2% loss in power.
___

Okay -- Sam drizzles the water into the exhaust pipe -- not into the
motor.  Different application, different purpose.  Merry Christmas.

       Jon Wennerberg
Tall guy with moustache
and a pair of 2 Club hats