[Land-speed] Water injection IN the exhaust

Rick Yacoucci Turborick at Turborick.com
Wed Dec 23 11:38:39 MST 2009

Ok here is what I'm trying to accomplish the flathead has problems with the
exhaust seats moving when the egt's get high
Last year normally aspirated on alky we had no problems when we went to gas
all went to hell.

So were looking for a way to cool the seats down. I was thinking of spraying
water at high pressure directed at the valve.

We tried this on a normally aspirated 52hp junior dragster motor (flathead)
and saw up to a 25% reduction in cylinder head temp
With only a 2% loss in power.