[Land-speed] Fast

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Fri Aug 14 15:30:25 MDT 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Doug ............. wrote:

> Hi All
>

> Though I've searched on landracing.com and elsewhere...  I can find no
> up-to-date 'reports' of action on the salt..
>

> you know, like 'who did what',.. -a daily diary of sorts...   --
> anyone seen
> one?
>
>        -Anyone got one started ?
>
>                                         plueeeze ?
>
>    Starvin'  for  news,  but  stuck  in   So. NY,  its just   'Dirt
> Track
> Doug '
>
>       -2247  miles OR MORE  due east of the marvelous Bonneville Salt
> Flats...    darnit.

To all:

Well, I have to admit it -- I didn't do as good a job of providing
coverage of SpeedWeek on landracing.com as I might have.  I'll blame
it on Nancy's successful week (best run 199.355, new record in
Production 1650 (motorcycle) of 198.9), and me hitting the marker at
the 4 1/2 mile on the long course -- at about 200.  I didn't crash --
but did bring a few bruises back to the pit.

I took and posted some photos -- but not as many as Jon Amo used to
do.  I don't know where he used to find the energy to wrench, do
photos and updates, and eat -- much less rest.  But he did -- and I
guess it shows, since he was named the Bonneville 200 MPH Club person
of the year for 2009 for having founded landracing.com.

Nancy and I will be attending the other four land speed events at
Bonneville this year, racing some at World of Speed, but only
spectating and reporting for the website at Bub's, the Top Speed
Shootout, and World Finals.  I hope we can find a way to keep up - and
keep you up to date -- with run logs or such.  I'm sending a request
to Delvene, at Bub's as soon as I post this note, to make sure she
gives me the logs that last year she promised b ut never delivered.

I hope you all will find some room to keep the faith -- that I'll get
more coverage on the website as soon as possible.

Jon