[Land-speed] Fw: Pontiac gone!!!

Wester Potter wester6935 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 28 13:18:04 MDT 2009

My hair has no blue in it but there's a lot of skin color.  I rented a
Buick Lucerne a couple of years ago in Pittsburgh.  Actually it was an
upgrade because they didn't have the smaller car I had originally
wanted.  Perhaps it is because of my age and desire for comfort,
likely because we needed space for two child seats for the grandkids
but I was pleased with the car.  The V6 had the power and got decent
gas mileage, the car was stable at speed although I never got over 85
and driving in the rain for half of my visit I never felt any losss of
contact with the road. The steering was quick enough and the ride was
tight.   My most recent car purchase is a four year old, twin turbo
V6, Audi A6 that I really enjoy driving but that Buick was not far
behind in my estimation.  I didn't feel the "float" like I did in a
'98 Cadillac I delivered to Illinois last November.  I've just spent
some time in a recent year Pontiac and didn't see a huge difference in
ride and road feel from the Lucerne.  But what do I know.

Now the butt ugly orange Pontiac SUV that was on every Detroit area
dealer front row ... that's another story.  Getting that off the road
would be a huge favor to visual pollution nationwide.  Obama can send
all of those to Africa to his relatives there and I wouldn't complain
at all.

Wes