[Land-speed] Lexan

Skip Higginbotham saltrat at pahrump.com
Sat Apr 18 08:17:24 MDT 2009

Well, it is pretty clear that for what we do, Lexan is the material
of choice for windows/canopies. Easy to bend, drill, cut, clean (I
use Plexus plastic cleaner), more shatter resistant than Plexiglas
but needs more UV protection. What tricks are there for that? Having
turned the protected side of the sheet towards the sun per
directions, I still replace the canopy every 4-5 years due to
crazing. Am I doing something wrong or is replacing it just something
I have to do every so often?

Skip