[Land-speed] New LSR

Bryan Savage b.a.savage at wildblue.net
Fri Apr 3 00:10:41 MST 2009

DW and list,

What I remember about that, is that they added a rule that all
contenders must have a single hull. Reminded me of the turbo
Indy car because he was hoping they would let him run it once
before outlawing it. Somehow his secret got out.
I used to be in sailing. Got too expensive for me.

That's what I like about Streamliners, any plan within a few
basic common sense and necessary safety requirements is allowed.
Common sense and history/experience are used to judge the design,
the same are used to judge the execution of the design. These are
the same principles used to design IBM Computers.
All this means is, no fliers or junk allowed.

I'll go back in my hole now DW.
Bryan