[Land-speed] Hans Device and Safety

Keith Turk kturk at ala.net
Thu Sep 4 13:23:57 MDT 2008

I hope everyone reads "EVERY" thing John wrote...  he believes in the
hans... but it requires some thought...

My question to John is this.... if you were in an accident... would you want
it in your bag of tricks?  or would you be okay with a quality Neck roll?
( not picking asking an honest question )  John doesn't have a Long neck...
if you do... like Mike Mangelli's or mine... I don't think fore and aft head
restraint is even an option....

Personally I'll never get in the car again without it... but I've always had
the radical seat system since I bought the Hans... and it does take some
thought... and practice...

John.... thanks for an honest and thought out evaluation...

Keith