[Land-speed] Tire Pressure

J.D. Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 19 12:40:48 MDT 2008

> Since most steel wheels use DOT standard rims, I will try to find design
> requirements before making another set of wheels for the liner.  (which i
> have to do)

This is a major item often over looked. Rim strength is something most take
for granted. I have used OEM steel,constructed steel, OEM cast alloy, after
market cast alloy, and forged alloy wheels. None, I'll say it again,NONE of
the steel wheels were true or straight. The all needed to be hammered to get
straight. I would advise anyone mount the empty wheel on the vehicle the
place you willl use it and mark to for that spot, lug hole and all. After
you mount the tire, do it again. Tire machines are not kind to wheel or
tires.

I found forged alloy with welded centers to be the highest strength for the
weight and always true along with the cast for true. Mine were from Wheel
Vintiques but I'm sure others will be just as good. You get what you pay
for. You want true perfect wheels and true matching balenced tires on LSR
vehicles.

If it ain't touching the salt it ain't puttin the power