[Land-speed] A foam question

Dick J lsr_man at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 14:22:56 MDT 2008

Mayf,

I have used foam insulation board and stacked it and glued it like a Mayan
pyramid until I was close to the shape I wanted, then covered it with "Great
Stuff".  I then trimmed it to rough shape with a serrated butcher knife, and
followed that with a body grinder (be prepared for a snow storm).  Finish sand
with a cheese grater like you use on Bondo, then lay your glass over it.  I
did a front end that way, and it worked out pretty good.  It's about the
cheapest way to make a one-off glass part.

Dick J
In east Texas