[Land-speed] So what'll we do now? (Non-LSR)

Jon Wennerberg jonwennerberg at nancyandjon.org
Fri Mar 14 13:23:20 MST 2008

I just received an email from "Bill" about the new forum/site he's
putting up.  Gee-zul-man, what to do?  I don't subscribe to very many
forums or lists at all -- don't want to do so.  But I was just about
devastated when Jonathon took down the Forum on landracing.com, and
wish to heck he'd find a way to bring it back.  I mean, the land
speed list (you're reading from it right now) is fine, and is all
that we used to have -- but once we got started with the Forum the
list lost a bunch of its appeal -- because of the pretty easy way we
could "interact" on the forum, and the ease of having so many
different topics without getting too confused..

So -- will I (will you) sign up to this new forum?  I don't know
anything about it.  I just looked -- and there aren't any posts, and
the site that'll accompany it isn't up/won't be up for a few days
(according to the email that brought it to me).  I didn't sign up,
anyway -- don't want to join something that I might drop out of right
away if Jon decides to resurrect his forum somehow.

And anyhow, I don't want to give up an inch of the fun Nancy and I
have with Salt Talks each year.  It's a hoot, it entertains us for
months on either side of SpeedWeek, and we enjoy  putting on the
picnic as a fundraiser for landracing.com.  So - I'm inclined to hope
that some of you'll decide that Jon's Forum was good enough that
you'll hope he puts it back into service.  That'll keep
landracing.com up and strong enough to support his work.  Yeah, I
guess this means that it's time for those of us that want the forum
-- to send a check his way.  I like Bob Drury's idea -- a buck a
day.  Check'll go out tomorrow.

Jon , tall guy with moustache
and two 200 MPH Club hats