[Land-speed] 2 or 4 post lift?

Bill Waite fordlandia at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 10 15:23:29 MDT 2008

About 4 years ago, I purchased a Rotary brand 2-post asymmetrical lift (10,000 pound rated).  I don't need 10,000 pounds (work on early Porsches and Sunbeam Tigers mostly).  But I decided if I was going to stand under it, that the extra rating was a plus.

I have never regretted my purchase.  Yes, it did cost more than many other options, but as another responder said: "how much is your life worth?"  Also, the 2-post is great for me: I love being able to get at the wheels and all suspension related items.  A friend of mine has a 4-post and he wishes he'd gone the two post route.  The Rotary lift has worked flawlessly.  I smile every time I look at it (always wanted one... and at 60 years old, am very glad to finally have it, as it makes the work a lot easier and safer).

Bill Waite
Grand Rapids, MI