[Land-speed] Algae Biodiesel

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Thu Jul 31 08:42:22 MDT 2008

I have been toying with the idea to build something like a Lola T70 replica
but use some slippery body style rather than a t bucket. I need to figure
out at what time it goes from being a hand built car to a custom or modified
one in CT as the registration process is vastly different. If you don't have
a VIN number to start with it has to be trailered to a special inspection
station for their evaluation possibly several times and I don't own a truck
and trailer... I am thinking along the lines of a Honda B-18 engine with the
variable cam timing and a rear engine car that comes in around 1800 lbs if
done right. I was also thinking about using the plastic panels off a Fiero
or something similar to get into 1980's emissions though that might require
using the Fiero engine which is ok on fuel but not great. An ecotech 4
cylinder might have some possibilities as well. I don't want to have to meet
2008 emissions though..
Dave