[Land-speed] Algae Biodiesel

Ed Weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Thu Jul 31 08:27:27 MDT 2008

Credible?  Who knows?  Much if not most of what we see of this sort of thing
over the next few years will be pure flim-flam designed to extract money
from fools.  Even the legitimate ideas can be sunk in a short time by a
change in technology or governmental actions.
The only sure thing will be reducing the amount of fuel you use.
Anyone clever enough to put together a land speed racing machine ought to be
able to come up with a decent high mileage machine once he decides that the
price of gas or ordinary diesel is too high for his liking.
I'm not there yet either; but I'm watching.
So who among us will be the first to build a really small diesel powered 5th
wheel tow vehicle weighing under 3000 lbs. to go with a lightweight
gooseneck trailer?  (Don't expect the car companies to do this anytime soon)
How about a lightweight (like 1300 lb) glass bodied T bucket on a homebuilt
Lotus 7 type chassis to use for a grocery/parts chaser?
Ed Weldon