[Land-speed] Water Injection -- Too Much???

Bryan Savage b.a.savage at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 10 10:54:12 MDT 2008

List,

I have only heard of one instance in the last 35 years where a high
level of water injection  may  have caused a problem.

Jack Lufkin, using a BBC twin turbo setup with huge alcohol/ice cooled
intercoolers couldn't build boost. The problem was solved by leaving
the intercooler water pump and the water injection off until the 1-2 shift.

Has anyone heard of a situation where someone reduced the amount of
water injected and gained power?

Thanks for any comments,
Bryan

I hope this hasn't been discussed in the past. If so, I'm sorry.