[Land-speed] End of the High performance car???

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 17 16:26:36 MST 2008

Both the valve design and piston crown we're experimenting with would be
incompatible with HCCI. The variable valve event aspect may or may not
be compatible.
The intake valves and piston are integral parts of our patentable work
so we're certainly wedded to them.
Our lean burn design is attendant upon a specific flame front
propagation that results from the unique swirl and tumble
characteristics of our intake system and the infinitely variable lift,
duration, and timing (within a specific crank angle range) along with
the shape of the piston crown and it's attendant squish area.
HCCI seems like a more expensive proposition to develop than what we're
working on.
Portions of our system are able to be used on an existing engine head
and block combination but a mildly redesigned head would yield more gains.

John Thornton