[Land-speed] Absolutely Non-LSR turban, part two

Benn karhu at california.com
Fri Feb 15 19:30:11 MST 2008

I can't agree with you there, Dave, even if you're being a bit facetious.
The ACLU exists to promote free expression guaranteed by the bill of rights.
Such rights effectively mean little to the majority at any given time,
because the majority (well, money helps, too) gets their way accepted anyway
(if not always implemented).  But minority opinions, and especially those
that we disagree with most, are the ones that need protection if our rights
are to mean anything.  And it's the constant tug-o-war amongst these various
forms of expression (and tolerance for the same) that makes our society so
dynamic and strong and worth our efforts to keep it going, and improve it
where we can.  Yeah, everyone has a different idea of what "improvement" is
as well, but, like they say, democracy is messy.  And ain't that just like
life.
Benn, now off the soapbox