[Land-speed] FW: Linear travel sensor

Dan Wright dwright at genetics.utah.edu
Fri Feb 15 09:16:40 MST 2008

Doug, list
I am also recording suspension travel on my liner.  I made my own linear
travel sensors.  I took a throttle position sensor, made a mount block from
aluminum, it carries a bearing and mounts the sensor to the chassis.  I added
a shaft and lever arm.  I ran them front and rear, they worked well.

These particular sensors are from Dodge Mini vans with the V-6, but there is
nothing special about that, I just had a couple of them.  They need a +5 V
input, a ground and they output 0-5V signal.
I would be glad to answer questions or discuss this further.
It is a low buck way to get the job done.

Daniel Wright

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of MVC-016S.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of MVC-017S.JPG]