[Land-speed] Odd car related stuff...

neil at dbelltech.com neil at dbelltech.com
Fri Feb 8 10:34:55 MST 2008

Mayf;

Sorry to burst the balloon but I couldn't help myself. :)

As far as the car is going, it is dead slow (the progress, not the car).

I've been occupied with a few other things recently-- we just installed a
"water harvesting" system to capture & store rainwater that runs off the
house & workshop roofs. The two tanks hold 1000 gallons apiece so it should
help water our trees and plants in the summer.

Another thing that I've needed to do for some time is to go through a lot of
boxes and inventory what is in them. Now I have labels on the outside of the
boxes so I know what is in them. I've found stuff that I'd forgotten about
and some other stuff that was pure junk-- I wonder why I saved it.

Another project was to finally buy an air compressor. I bought a vertical
two- cylinder 60 gal Campbell- Hausfeld at Home Depot for $399 which seemed
to be a good deal-- cast iron cylinders, oil lubricated, 220V, etc. I have
it plumbed up in my workshop now so I can use all those surplus aircraft &
Harbor Freight air tools that I've accumulated over the past few years.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ