[Land-speed] Happy New Year.

Chris Harris yesford at clear.net.nz
Tue Dec 30 21:12:23 MST 2008

Well it's New Years eve 'Down Under' so here's wishing all on this LSR list
the very best for the coming year.
Looking back we've had a very volatile past 12 months in all areas of our
everyday lives, so here's to more settled times ahead.

Last few days I've been putting thought into the layout of a new dry sump
engine pan. Sure there's plenty of a proven design on Ebay, ex NASCAR and
the like. They tend to be fairly shallow and we've room for quiet a deep pan
which is desirable, and I want to maintain.  For the scavenge pick-ups in
the bottom of the pan, which work best, a boxed pick-up with a filter screen
or just scavenge tubes with external line filters outside the pan.

The boxed pick-up style most common, so is there some fluid dynamics at play
here, or just the better way to filter.

Kind regards,
Chris, Lesley & Lincoln Harris......................NZed.