[Land-speed] OT: A Win XP Pro vs Vista Question...

lsr1301 lsr1301 at dahmurf.com
Wed Dec 10 16:01:30 MST 2008

I had a similar discussion with our nephew whom is WAY more geeky then
myself. He's told me that in many cases this is not possible as Vista
Machines are wired differently then XP machines. Something about different
Hardware needs and that's why the Vista machines can be built so much
cheaper. I agree with backing up to an external source if you want to be
100% sure of no data loss. External drives are relatively cheap. Beyond that
I would do some checking with someone that knows to see if it is really
possible. Also there is a 32 bit & 64 bit Version of Vista and this may be
part of the key on if you can do it.
Good luck!
Debbie