[Land-speed] Racing at Lake Gairdner

gary baker lsr350 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:00:00 MST 2008

Gary Baker   DLRA member #282  G;day racers  been a while since I last posted,
here is some background info re our latest plight, for us (DLRA) to race we
must jump through many hoops and now we must jump through another ,firstly the
lake is a national park and we must meet all the requirements that the govt
places on us to use it ,they have now placed another condition ,that being an
ILUA ( indigenous land use agreement ) which in a nutshell means we have to
negotiate a legally binding agreement with the traditional land owners (
barngarla & kokatha peoples ) on their terms to be able to use the lake for
our racing purposes ,a meeting was arranged but for some reason (unknown by
myself ) pulled out at the last moment , we are now in limbo without this ILUA
we cannot race , It has absolutely nothing to do with greenies and everything
to do with current government / political  flavour of the year , we just
happen to be the meat in the sandwich , and are between a rock and a hard
place and must tread very lightly and not offend any of the following ,who all
have the power and right to stop us racing until the cows come home   SA
government  ,current property owner and the traditional owners > From:
kturk at adelphia.net> To: ghatfiel at bigpond.net.au; land-speed at autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:22:37 -0600> Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Racing at Lake
Gairdner> > Graham... Sorry if I offended ... that wasn't the intent... I
simply call it > like I see it...> > > Keith >