[Land-speed] Fwd: Modern Marvels: Salt airing 12/1, tonight!

Wester Potter wester6935 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 07:31:50 MST 2008

Yeah ... I can record a program on the tivo ... if my daughter tells
me what to do.  What I want to do now is save it so I can pass it
along to someone else.  My VCR still works and I'm not too
proud to use it.  AND! I have a photo I took over 50 years ago
on the salt of the bed of a pickup carrying two flathead motors
with a sign on the back window:
"GOD BLESS THE FLATHEADS"!

Speaking about the SALT program, there was a nice clip featuring
Sparky Smith, comments from Rex Svoboda about going over
200 on the salt and a shot of the 'Tom Thumb Special" going
down the track among others.

Wes