[Land-speed] Tires

Jim Webb jimwebb at nutsracing.com
Fri Aug 29 19:40:17 MDT 2008

Tom,

My belief is that with a decent dry sump pump, you will make plenty of
vacuum - provided everything else seals OK. On one dry sump rat motor we
have, the front seal in the cast Weiand front cover does not really align
with the crank. We don't blow oil out, but we never make vacuum and we do
eat seals. (no dig on Weiand, it could be from the block being line bored,
eh?)
Anyway, look for something else before you blame the pump - if the motor is
really sealed, the scavenge pump will do it's job.

Jim Webb
Choc Full o' Nuts
A/PP B/PP ?/FL