[Land-speed] De-Salting and another record

Jim Webb jimwebb at nutsracing.com
Thu Aug 28 09:09:40 MDT 2008

  So the Big Red Truck - Chock Full o' Nuts, set another record - D/PP. Just
164 on a 157 record with a little V-6. The meet was good, the two short
courses worked like gangbusters and we had a blast. SCTA did a great job
running this big meet.

For de-salting, we use a little different solution. Since we have to have
the stock 34 gal fuel tank in place, we use it for ballast and when it is
time to load up, we hook up a garden hose and sprayer and run the pump to
wash the truck before putting it in the box. It works great! Next stop was
the parking lot of the Montego where a donation to the West Wendover
Cheerleaders had a swarm of eager young people scrambling under the truck
and trailer to knock off several more pounds of salt.

Life is good!

P.s. Congrats to Sparky, but that last .401 has to itch!!!!!

Jim Webb

Choc Full o' Nuts

A/PP B/PP D/PP ?/FL