[Land-speed] Crankcase vacuum

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Mon Aug 25 16:03:43 MDT 2008

We had a great week on the salt, unfortunately,  didn't get to see very many
of the people on the list since I was thrashing as usual.
I will get our story on my web site soon but the short story is that we ran
good, 240 mph with almost 243 mph exit. We had various gremlins to deal with
 but all three five mile runs gave us 238+ mph. Our fifth run Barry shut off
at the end of the quarter due to a fouled plug. Next run it broke a lifter
and timing chain. I have the engine apart and will do a complete rebuild for
W.O.S. Naturally, a few bent valves.

Does anyone know who makes the crankcase vacuum kit that uses exhaust to
create the vacuum? I have been searching but can't find it. I know it is out
there somewhere.

Tom, Redding Ca - #216 D/FCC

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of faint_grain.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of imstp_pets_brown_dog_en.gif]