[Land-speed] Calibrating My Speedometer...

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Mon Aug 25 15:49:07 MDT 2008

Well, remember all the discussion we had on letting me calibrate my
speedometer? And that no one was allowed to tow their vehicle down the
course? Well that was a lie, lol. I saw any number of vehicles being
towed down the course during the drivers inspection of the course. Must
just be me and my charming personality..not!  But never the less, I
calibrated it anyway. On the way to the tech inspection, I got out of
the truck, went to the car, turned dash power on, placed the speedometer
into the program mode got into the truck, reset the trip indicatio,
drove a mile, got out, went back to the car and pressed the program
button. End of job. Takes 5642 pulses to equal a  mile.  Now, being able
to look at it is another matter altogether...