[Land-speed] cutting/grinding tools?

Benn karhu at california.com
Mon Apr 28 10:33:04 MDT 2008

Hi gang,
I'm looking for advice on inline and right-angle cutters for cutting through
auto bodies for cage work.  I  can't fit my Hole Hawg in some places, so am
looking for something small (both blade diameter and head size) to fit into
those tighter areas, but with enough umph to cut openings with reasonable
speed.  I would suppose the pros use airgrinders, but I found some years ago
that high-cfm tools won't really run on my couple-horsepower compressor (or
else i got a bad tool).  (I also found that airtools' cfm ratings are at 25%
duty cycle).  So, yeah, I could just get a bigger compressor, but there goes
another $500-1000 even for a used one, plus the need to carve out some garage
space for it, accommodate its likely 3-phase power requirement, etc.
Therefore I'm thinking electrically driven.  What're yer thoughts?
Benn