[Land-speed] Got quit...

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Sun Apr 27 12:22:34 MDT 2008

Keith,
   Congrats, and give yourself a hell of a pat on the back. Half the folks I know quit a dozen times a day, and most who get serious don't last 200 minutes much less 200 hours or 200 days.   Six months plus is a big accomplishment and  by now  you're  not even thingking of backslidin' .  If you do, just  light up the welder, and while stitching a couple pieces of galvanized steel together, suck in all the fumes you can  as a reminder of how good smoking made you feel...

   My wife asked me to quit while I was at the end of my navy career during gulf war 1 (while removing and disposing of live mines from the Kuwait  side of Buyiban....)   I  told her I'd already quit  -  and the one I had just put out during our batphone conversation was truly my very last  so as not to have actually  lied to her...    haven't smoked since.   But I do occassionally  dream that I've backslid, and can actually smell and taste the smoke.

 No plans for BVille this year, but I did win a hotrodders hat trick:  My company is footing the bill for me to attend the  SEMA and NACE expos first week in November in Vegas.    I took 3 days vacation  for the NHRA AC Delco nats.  To top it off, my wife bought me the 4 day  Platinum/Hospitality pass package for an early/only  Christmas present.