[Land-speed] A Protocol Question...

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Thu Apr 24 18:05:35 MDT 2008

It is easy.. any reasonable auto dealer can check the calibration of you
speedo tire shops I think as well and the cost minimal. another solution is
to find a friend with a known calibrated gps. With the tire shop / dealer
have them find the error in the tow truck or with the gps do a couple of
quick experiments as to how far you go in one minute at 60 mph. After
knowing the new corrected speed to go for 60 mph tow the car at 60 for 1
minute.Get it up to 60 blow the horn at the end of 60 seconds blow the horn
again I would have to assume the delay from horn to button push the same in
both cases the farther you tow it the more accurate you get..You can do this
anywhere and if you adjust time and speed you can do it on the way to the
starting line.
Dave