[Land-speed] Radiator Catch Cans...

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Thu Apr 17 10:12:20 MDT 2008

I run a overflow tank for the simple reason that, with it, the radiator is
always full and any expansion is caught and returned to the radiator when it
cools down.

PS: an update on my alcohol burner...we dynoed last Saturday and found that
we were running too much timing, I think Dave and suggested that we try less
 we were running 39-40 BTDC. We retarded to 36 and picked up hp, then
retarded to 34 and picked up again.
This dyno gave us 605 hp @ 8500 and was still climbing. Less hp than our
previous dyno on gasoline in 2002 (665 @ 7900), but I was forewarned that it
would likely read less than other dynos because the atmospheric adjustments
are made automatically,  but was brutally honest. "Proof of the Pudding"
will come at the Lakes in May.

We ran 37 BTDC on gasoline back in 2003. One thing that may have contributed
to the need for less timing was that we changed cams after our blowup @
Speedweek. The cam is just a wee bit bigger and was installed straight up.
The previous set up ran 4 degrees retarded. What do you think?

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of faint_grain.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of imstp_pets_cat1_en.gif]