[Land-speed] Cell phone for radio?

wester6935 at comcast.net wester6935 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 4 09:05:54 MDT 2007

USFRA ran meets on CB radio for years but as conditions change, so does CB radio communication.  For years, just minor trucker problems, then we hit a year when course watchers had to do a double relay of messages from the 4 1/2 to the start.  That's when we switched to the FM radios for more reliable, uninterrupted communications for offficials about safety and track needs.  Gary Wilkinson has tried everything to give us the most reliable communications possible.  His untiring efforts really have paid off for us.  Doesn't mean the salt gremlins won't jump up and bite us in the future.  A chunk of the entry fees go for radio rentals every year.  As technology changes it becomes more obvious that renting is better than owning for our once a year use.

Wes

From: john.szalay at att.net (John Szalay)