[Land-speed] ( Dear Jack ) & LOOK MA: NO Valve Springs !!!!!

Doug Anderson boogiewoogie12 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:18:08 MDT 2007

Dale:

" I haven't seen a modern Ducati competing in much other than road racing... "

  See AMA Pro Flat Track racing..   -they run good !  cheers, "Dirt Track
Doug" in So. New York,

  -18 miles from Square Deal Raceway,
  -20 miles east of Action Park Speedway,
  -60 miles northeast of Champion Speedway
  -105 miles south of "the  Syracuse  Mile" ...
  -265 miles north of Williams Grove Speedway
  -2425 miles due east of the Bonneville Salt Flats
      and never more than a few feet from a cold one
  Speedway Bikes, Harley D's and Minibikes rode with equal joy,
    Dog Training, Murdersickel parts, Emergency Zeppelin repairs,
      Aerial Surveillance, Politics exposed for what it is, Sprint Cars,

       -and "Slide Jobs" appreciated for the FINE ART that they are

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

> Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 16:52:49 -0700
> From: dmirror3 at yahoo.com
> To: land-speed at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Land-speed] ( Dear Jack ) & LOOK MA: NO Valve Springs !!!!!
>
> Ducati has long been building and racing a series of "Desmo" valve bikes. As
Rich stated, not all Ducati are Desmo yet all of the modern Ducati are so
equipped. Also, all modern Ducati are two cylinders.
> I haven't seen a modern Ducati competing in much other than road racing
where they have a considerable history of success. Besides the valve system,
the trellis frame also makes the Ducati unique. Though not the first to use a
trellis frame, they were one of the earliest to build a production trellis
framed bike.
> Would love to try a modern water-cooled 4 valve per cylinder Ducati but I
would be surprised if it could be a record beater. Though I prefer two
cyclinder bikes and my everyday bike is a 97 Ducati Super sport, my opinion is
that a twin isn't capable of beating the 4 cylinder Japanese bikes at LSR.