[Land-speed] Electrical Solenoid Valve Actuation ? YES.

Bill Bennett bennevl at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 3 10:33:41 MDT 2007

GM has brought it back . They are calling actrive fuel management. They are
using it in the V6 and V8 motors in the suv and truck lines. Basically it's
a hydraulic roller lifter with a locking pin that allows them to collapse
the lifter. They use a bank of electrically activated hyrdualic valves
mounted in the lifter valley to control the locking pins. The lifter itself
is a highly complicated piece with very close tolerances and very diificult
to produce.
Bill